Re: 1970 TR 6 Restoration

To: AndyJS1@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1970 TR 6 Restoration
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 08:16:35 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The previous issue of Popular Classics magazine deals with exactly this.
The Staff TR6 has rusted floors, and the staff was told by some TR
restorers to cut out the floor to within an inch of the edges, and then
use an angle grinder to clear out the rest. I just did this myself this
week, and although it's a lot of work, you'll see why this is good
advice once you get the floor out. The floor is welded in spots you
can't even see.

I'm still going to be using the angle grinder for the rest of the
weekend.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -