Re: Classic plates (Texas Inspection) little Triumph content

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (TR)
Subject: Re: Classic plates (Texas Inspection) little Triumph content
From: Ah3thou@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 02:12:13 EDT
In a message dated 06/17/2000 10:46:43 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
geohahn@azstarnet.com writes:

<< I think perhaps when Jim says "classic plates" it is what some states call
"year
 of manufacture plates"  i.e. you can use a plate from the car's year in lieu
of
 the usual current issue plate.

That is exactly what I am talking about, with these plates you can use the
vehicle as a "daily driver" and are still required to inspect it annually.
   Texas also issue plates for "Antique status," when using them you are not
required to have the vehicle inspected but you are only supposed to use the
vehicle for club functions, parades, etc.
      Jim