RE: Car show participation.

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "George Richardson" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Subject: RE: Car show participation.
From: "The Brooks'" <TR3A@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:00:24 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
George,

You got third place because you deserved it.  The car is coming along
nicely and even though the exterior is not yet magnificent, the interior
is.

Scions, we had another great show at Westwood.  Of course, I'm the show
organizer, so I am biased, but it was nice. One thing George missed was the
awesome collection of Healeys.  The best of show was an stunning 100-4. (I
want a 100-4)

For those who didn't make the show this year, it's just different.  It's
not big, we all park anywhere on the (closed) main street in the park and
it's just a nice social event, which I never get enough time for.

For me however, the best part of this show occurred Friday, the day before
the show.  I told my wife I was finally ready to put my 1974 Norton
Commando Motorcycle up for sale.  I changed out the 8 year old gasoline on
the fourth kick, she purred to life.  If you have ever owned a British kick
start motorcycle you will realize that after an 8 year sleep, starting on
four kicks is a cosmic miracle.  You know when a vehicle just wants to run.
She does!

I cleaned her up and needed to get the rust off the disk brake so I made a
very bad mistake.  No registration, no insurance...  but up the block and
back.  Wow, I missed that bike. Memories flooding back.  The acceleration
blows my TR3 (with a very strong just rebuilt engine) out of the water.
Now for the problem.  the Missus wants the motorcycle out (and I agreed,
just a few days ago) but now it ain't going.  Oops!  This will be messy!

Hope to see more of you in Westwood next year,

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, NJ
1960 TR3A TS69032LO
1974 Norton 850 Commando Roadster