Gluing Rubber to Body?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gluing Rubber to Body?
From: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:58:28 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm replacing (restoring?) the rubber gasket that goes between thew
windshield frame and the body of my GT6+. I say restoring because I'm not
pulling the frame to put a new gasket in. Instead, I cut away the old
cracked one , and I'm going to slice off the "insert" piece on the new
gasket and glue it onto the body. Thing is, it's going to be too short
because when you install it the correct way, it gets stretched to fit the
bolts of the frame. Sooooo,,,I need to glue this sucker on VERY solidly, let
it dry (one end) and stretch it for further gluing. I need a very strong
adhesive to keep it from shrinking against the adhesive. Any ideas?

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L