Re: ATF - No LBC - Dodge Diesel Trucks

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>, Rob C Swift <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>
Subject: Re: ATF - No LBC - Dodge Diesel Trucks
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 17:33:54 -0400
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dodge has their own fluid called ATP3 or ATF+3  which is a highly friction
modified fluid. A lot of vehicle manufacturers are tired of paying General
Motors a royalty to use Dexron III, so they have developed their own
formulas. There is a way around this problem.
A lot of aftermarket companies have developed an additive that you can add
to either the Redline or regular Dexron ATF to make it a HFM ATf. Lubeguard
is one co. - Wynn's has one,  there are others.
I find it ludicrous to pay an oil company  $3. + per quart to buy the
proprietary ATF's when  Dexron  can be modified for much less.

Drop me an email, I can get you some more info on what to buy and where to
get it for a lot less overall cost.
BTW, Pennzoil has a synthetic ATF that is only $15.56 a quart! No, I
haven't bought any.

Cheers,

Jeff  "Fluids R Us" Johnson
Please note that due to a recurring typo, Fluids are spelled Fluids
I keep hitting the F key but it comes out D. I don't know what the problem is.