Re: suspicious dealings on ebay-longish

To: pandachadwell@mac.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: suspicious dealings on ebay-longish
From: Anjison@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:36:52 EDT

<< Besides, expecting THIS administration to investigate illegalities or
 breeches of ethics is like sending a skunk to find where the nasty
 smell is coming from. >>

VERY WELL PUT, INDEED! I don't usually get involved in these flaming
contests, but I had to put my .02 worth in (do I hear a higher bid?).
Auctions are just that whether it is on Ebay or live-- People go nuts!
I have witnesses people buying used things (as is where is) at twice the
price they could go to Walmart and but them. Then again I have seen (and
bought) some things DIRT CHEAP. Part of it is supply and demand, part of it
is the audience...you won't get any bargains on quilts if there are a bunch
of Little Ol' ladies there but you might buy a tractor cheap...but a quilt at
an auction populated by construction workers may go for nothing (You get my
point).

I guess the real point here is that the government has no business trying to
take care of us from cradle to grave (Thank you very much Mr. Stalin). I have
gotten so pretty good buys on Ebay, and lost a lot of auctions too. I did
find out hat the reason for a reserve price and a LOW starting price has to
do with the way Ebay figures it's commission on the sale......I don't like
the reserves either BUT I understand it since the seller has to pay the
commission based on NOT ONLY final price but some formula of starting price
and selling price....

Just MY opinion...

Fred Vandergriff
73 TR6
3 72 Spitfires (Like potato chips I guess..can't have just one!)