FW: Who is still using the Lucas PI fuel pump

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Who is still using the Lucas PI fuel pump
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:59:05 +0930 charset="iso-8859-1"

Apologies to Terry & Cindy for sending it to their address...
I had intended to send this to the list....

I'd second that emotion. The cooling coil method really does
do 3/5 of f.a. as they say in the vernacular. Having said that
I've got an original pump in my TR6 with a cooling coil, AND
a fan to circulate air around, but am going to changeover
to a Bosch pump soon. Must get around to that, although it's
not really a priority given that it's winter and 14degC at the
moment. In summer the story is a little different - when it
either hits or gets close to 40degC (really anything above
30degC is a bit dodgy) I know I have around 15-20 minutes
of driving before getting vapour lock and the car coming
to a sudden halt. Wrapping everything with a damp rag extends
this time by about five minutes because of the evaporative
cooling effect of the combination of wet rag and fan.

Progress on the fuel pump conversion is located on:

http://www.adelaide.net.au/~frankb/

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide