Re: TR6 fuel question

To: G Spencer <graham_spens@hotmail.com>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 fuel question
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 09:35:03 -0700
G Spencer wrote:

> I almost got stuck driving the TR to work today.  I bad thing happend I
> think.  It seems (though I am guessesing in hindsight here) that the engine
> wants to die after running over rough roads...

Don't immediately rule out ignition as a source of the problem.  I chased an
intermittment problem (rough running, full stop) that was aggravated by rough
roads & bumps (was finally diasgnosed by Joe Curry when it failed completely on
a club drive).

Turned out to be a poor electrical connection... in my case one of the rivets
connecting a coil terminal was a bit loose.  Cleaned it, peened it and added a
drop of solder.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ