Re: TR3 Wheels

To: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Wheels
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:25:54 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Dennis Lambert wrote:

> Where do you measure the rim to come up with a width?  I first measured
> across the outer edges of the rim lips, and got about 5".  I then measured
> across the inner face of the "shoulders", and got about 4 1/16".  From all
> the list responses, these are definitely 4 1/2" rims.  Where am I supposed
> to be measuring?

Basically, you measure across the inside of the rim where the tire bead
seats. But it's easier to simply look on the inside of the rim for
stamped numbers that will say 4 1/2 J or something like that. Most of the
Dunlop or Sankey rims I've seen over the years do have the size clearly
stamped inside the rim, usually on that deepest part (where the rivets
would fasten the wheel center). Of course, later Spitfire wheels have the
size conveniently marked on the face!

--Andy