Re: Spitfire MKIII Oil & Fuel Filter

To: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire MKIII Oil & Fuel Filter
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:58:21 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Steph
The difference in the plugs is the temperature range, I think the N12Y is a
hotter plug than the N9Y, the R stands for Resister (they have one built in
for radio suppression) and the C stands for copper (they have a copper
core). To determine which is the hotter plug look down the hole at the
business end, the plug with the deeper hole will be the hotter plug as the
depth governs the length of the heat path, the longer it is the further the
heat must travel to be dissipated to the head through the plug body.
I hope this makes sense for you.

Graham.
2500PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite