Re: Spit-Six To Cut or Not to Cut?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit-Six To Cut or Not to Cut?
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 13:22:57 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the input Joe. The car I've got is a '70
GT6+. I guess I'll have to look at the internal
structure of the Spit tub...

My running GT6+ tub is a little worse than a "20
footer", which enters into the equation... do I
rebuild it properly and as original? Or if I'm gonna
go that far, should I do the Spit Six thing since I've
always wanted an open car?

Beyond that, I've also got another GT6+ tub which is
about 80% good original. So I can hack up the tub on
the "runner" then execute properly on the 80% good
tub.

Alternatively, if anyone wants to trade a pre-71 Spit
tub for my 80% gt6+ tub, I'm game!

thanks,
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ KC81718