Re: converting 2.0 to 2.5 liter engine

Subject: Re: converting 2.0 to 2.5 liter engine
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 22:49:43 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I believe I have a copy of the article in hand (from the 1992 edition of
the TriumphTune book, originally published in Sports Car Monthly), but
it actually says very little about the conversion, instead recommending
to just fit a complete 2.5L engine.

To paraphrase : if you have a late Mark 3 GT6, you can keep the block,
and change only the crankshaft, pistons, and head from a "post-1972"
2.5L engine with the shorter rear crankshaft nose.  The GT6 sump will
have to be reshaped for clearance for #1 and #2 rods.

That's all it says.  They don't quote any power figures, but imply that
the conversion is very worthwhile.  (Old hot rodder's adage : "There
ain't no substitute for cubic inches")

If everything else stays the same, you should get a 25% increase in
power pretty much throughout the range, with no weight penalty, a
sizeable gain.

Randall