Re: Head gasket gunk

To: "Keith Ehrlich" <kehrlich@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: Head gasket gunk
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:41:50 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Keith
I use a window scraper holder with a Stanley Knife blade, just have to get
the angle right so it won't dig in, A few small scratches shouldn't cause a
problem providing they don't link any two holes together like cylinder to
waterway etc. Also try not to damage round the fire ring seats around the
edge of the cylinders as this could allow the combustion to eat the gasket
quicker. the most important thing is to re-torque the head properly which
means removing the rocker gear again, but it is easier than removing the
head in the near future.

Graham.
2500PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite