PI Injector disassembly

To: <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: PI Injector disassembly
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 23:37:42 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph- List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hello, Lee.

Did this very job last year.

What you do is remove the snap ring-be careful, they fly away. On my
injectors, the old O-rings were gummed up so I used a short piece of Cunifer
brake pipe as a drift and very carefully tapped out the inner assembly.

BTW don't mess with the Nylon cup and its central threaded adjuster or
you'll need the unit recalibrated. For the same reason, don't pull the on
pintle and stretch the spring.

Good Luck,

Dave Hill

I would like to pull apart a lucus injector to replace the inner o-ring
seal. The problem is I haven't seen this process documented anywhere. I
assume you simply remove the snap ring on the injector and push all of the
parts back up the barrel. Any experiance with this processes would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Lee Janssen
Denver CO

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html