Re: TR6 Strange Starting Behavior

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Strange Starting Behavior
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:10:29 -0400
Hi Irv...

Thanks for the reply, actually helps a bit at least.  Took your advice,
checked the relay, jiggled it, tapped it, etc.  No difference.  But here's
another interesting discovery.  I think the wires may be connected to the
relay incorrectly.  According to the Bentley repair guide, the relay should
be wired (approx how it looks when looking at the business end of the relay:

C1 empty              W1 White/orange
                  c2 Black
C4 empty               W2 Black

Mine is wired like this (differences noted by *):

C1 empty                  W1* empty
                  C2 Black
C4* White/orange       W2 Black

Anyone mind checking their starter relay to see how theirs looks?  I'll be
armed with spare fuses and fire extinguisher when I attempt the wiring
change (probably overly nervous, but I've read some horror stories
here!)  Does anyone think the present wiring could be the problem?

Thanks,
Blake Discher