RE:SU HS4s on a TR6

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, ": SpitRacer9@aol.com" <SpitRacer9@aol.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE:SU HS4s on a TR6
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 07:48:27 -0400
>Now if you want
>to truly upgrade performance you can modify your intake manifold and bolt up
>a set of HS8's.  That is what I'm currently using I like it.

>Aaron
<

I think I disagree with the above statement.  Yes, the HS4s are too small and
will choke
your engine, but JUST slapping on HS8s will not make a significant (any?)
difference
unless you have made your engine breathe better by a different cam, and porting.
Without the mods, your engine never inhales hard enough to make the piston move
all the way.  You will therefore get a less accurate mixture because the needle
barely moves
over most of your RPM range (compared to the HS6s).

Just my 2 cents.  Maybe I am mossing the mark.  I'd appreciate feedback if I am
wrong.

-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com