Re: The Answer - Crank Bolt Loctite or Anti-Seize

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Answer - Crank Bolt Loctite or Anti-Seize
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:10:47 -0600
The consensus was to use loctite since it will also make it easier to
remove the next time by sealing the threads and preventing corrosion.
My crank bolt is now installed with the loctite

Thanks to Randall and Don who responded.  They were in agreement with a
performance manual for the TR6 (Fitzgerald 1989) that I recently got a
copy of.  It said to at least loctite the crank bolt and the best would
be to safety wire it.  Thanks guys for confirming the loctite
recommendation, it just shows what good advice is available from this
list.

Thanks
Bud Rolofson