Re: Engine block water drain hole

To: KAVONKLU@defrees.com
Subject: Re: Engine block water drain hole
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 28 2000 14:30:45 GMT-0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Does anyone have intimate knowledge of the waterways in the block and a
suggestion of how I extract the blockage with taking the engine apart?

Ken,

The upper block is one big rectangular fish tank.  There is a stiffening web
between cyl 2 and 3. The liners create the 4 cylinders and the rest is water.

The blockage occurs from a build up of rust scale around the #4 cyl liner. If
you back out the spigot and use a piece of stiff piano wire or some other probe
tool you should be able to clear the blockage and get the water running.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have the engine warmed up and maybe be ready to
replace the coolant at the radiator as the water starts running.  After it
clears it will really come out like a small faucet.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4 CT16260  Groton,MA
TR4 Website www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/home.html