RE: ZenithStromberg adj. needle carb and adjusting screw causes problem.

To: "John Jacobsen-Watts" <johnw@wrq.com>, "'Triumph Digest List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ZenithStromberg adj. needle carb and adjusting screw causes problem.
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 13:40:25 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
John, when I rebuilt the carbs I replaced the o-rings and star washers in
both carbs.  It took a lot of soaking with penetrating oil, but I got them
free.  The needle was moving within the piston before I replaced the star
washer.  What I'm not sure of is did I bend the needle when I was trying to
get the pieces apart.  That's why I'm thinking about trying the piston from
my other carb.  Now that you mention it, my needle is recessed into the
piston and not flush when the threads engage. This is probably my problem.
With the needle recessed, I can't 'lean' the carb enough to get the right
adjustment.  I am going to use the new diaphragm from the existing piston on
the piston from my spare carb, then give that a try.

Thanks,

Ken