RE: starting a new 6 engine

To: "G Spencer" <graham_spens@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: starting a new 6 engine
From: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:46:07 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
It sure sounds like the timing is 180 degrees out.  Another post is correct,
the valves would both be closed on the compression stroke   In other words,
I believe you are sparking on the downstroke prior to compression of the
air/fuel mixture.  This is obviously the wrong time.

You might email Tom Di Iulio.  He recently resurrected his '76 TR6 after
finding it was 180 out.  I've cc'd him to speed the process.

Good luck!  You are at the point I hope to be at in a couple months.

Eric Conrad
Denver, CO
econrad@teal.csn.net

1976 TR6        CF52678U        -- ready to weld up some cracked welds in the
front
suspension areas of the frame.  After that, paint the frame and reassemble
suspension.