Re: need help part 2

To: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: need help part 2
From: "Hugh Barber"<trnut@cwnet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:58:45 PDT
Johnathan

If you look at the bottom of your distibutor shaft, you will notice that the
"dog" that engages the oil pump is assemetrical.  That is to say that it does
not bisect the shaft across the middle (its to one side).  Thats why your
distributor
will not fully engage the cam gear - its not engaging the oil pump.  There are
two solutions: 1. stick a flat blade screwdriver down the hole in the block
where the distributor shaft/oil pump shaft lives and turn the oil pump 180
degrees
or 2. turn the engine another 360 degrees and insert the distributor 180 degrees
"out" (the way it was before you removed it).

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
'73 TR6