RE: Removing masking tape

To: <ArthurK101@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing masking tape
From: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:20:39 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I'll have to try it next time, I ended up soaking the tape for about 5
minutes with NAPA's Kleen-Eazy and then took a razor blade, yes a razor
blade and ran it underneath, this off course scratched the paint in some
places but now all I have to deal with is the glue left behind. Whatever you
do don't soak for extended periods with Goo Gone as this will fuse the paper
to the paint and they will come up as one, it turns the paint to  ... Goo.
This is for Lacquer, don't know about urethane. Thanks to all that responded
and helped on this, did not try the skin so soft, though I know like a lot
of parents that Skin so Soft is a great bug repellant too, think of it, Bug
Repellant, Skin Softener, Tape remover, what next?

Thanks,

Jack