TR4 out of gas, now won't run

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 out of gas, now won't run
From: Paulwillou@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:24:47 EDT
DCO tried to see how far he could go before running out of gas.  I was less
than a block from my favorite station - I didn't make it.  Sputter, Sputter,
Cough, Wheeze, then nothin.

After, putting in a gallon of gas and using the priming lever on the stock
fuel pump, the car still won't go.  It starts, but dies immediately.  My
guess is a clog somewhere in the fuel system.  Sediment from the bottom of
the tank.  The glass fuel filter bowl is full of fuel and the sediment that
was in the bottom of the bowl seems to be gone.

Are my carburetors clogged?  Or maybe just the fuel lines.  Any other
suggestions?  If it is the carbs, do I have to rebuild or is there a simple
method of unclogging?

As always, all help/ideas are welcome.

Does anyone remember the Judge character that Jack Warden played in the movie
"And Justice for All"?  Maybe I should stay away from helicopters.

Paul Willou
64 TR4, with Strombergs