Re: Tr3a Wipers

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Tr3a Wipers
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:57:20 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <KTRIUMPH@aol.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <105671.471@compuserve.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Andrew Mace
>> According to Piggott at TS12567 (July 56) "Windscreen wiper motor
changed
> from Lucas CRT 15 to Lucas DR2" - also changed the mount, the wire
harness
> and the side of the car the motor was mounted on.
> It doesn't say the change was from a non-parking motor to a parking
motor,
> but it was the only wiper motor change I saw.

That seems to be borne out by the Lucas Master Catalogue, which
specifically describes the DR series motors as self-parking.

--Andy
<

It seems unlikely that they would use a self parking wiper motor and not
implement the self park feature unless doing so (not implementing) would
save a wiring change.  But since the position of the motor changed a wiring
change was in order anyway.

Of course stranger things have happened.

Thanks for the response.

Dave