Vibrations

To: Triumph1 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vibrations
From: Rick Shelby <ironrick@knownet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 20:30:42 -0500
Cc: Triumphs2 <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Can anyone out there let me pick your brain?
My 72 TR6 vibrates like crazy a low speeds and worse the faster I travel.
All the usual suspects have been eliminated, even went so far as to trim a
little of
the shoulder off right reat hub where bearing spacer (loading device) is
postioned
thinking that the bearing may not have enough load.  Nada.
I have radial tyres, could that be it?
I am looking at the driveshaft, (I have a spare) and find that the the
universal
holders from the fixed end to the moveable end are not even close to 45 deg.
apart.  On one it is about 15deg, and the other, almost straight across from
one
another.
My book explains to put the moveable end to the front, but the picture shown is
just the opposite.  Is there a correct or incorrect direction for mounting??
Rick