RE: Spitfire 1500 oil filter problems

To: "'David Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire 1500 oil filter problems
From: Christopher Ball <cball@oct.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:16:55 -0400

Dave,

You can buy adapters for the spit oil filters, from TRF etc., that allow you
to use standard filters from FRAM and so on. (since the originals got to be
such silly prices)  People do this and then shops  try to fit what SHOULD
fit and it does not. I'd say get back to square one, and buy an oil filter
and adpater from TRF and then you know where you're at. Keep the box the
filter comes is, as mine had a cross ref list to all kinds of filters and
you can show this to the shop doing your work.

Chris Ball