Trani Removal

Subject: Trani Removal
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:55:48 -0400
I am just about ready to remove the transmission and engine from the
chassis of my totally dismantled TR3A (literally, that is all that is
left
on the frame).

I will pull the transmission first and then hoist the engine off the
frame
and install it to an engine stand. My question to the list is do I have
to support the rear of the engine when I remove the transmission or
will the front mounts hold all up? Are there any words of advice with
removing the transmission from the engine block that would be helpful
since I have never done this before (when I did my TR6 I pulled the
engine and trani as one unit).

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA