RE: NON-LBC: Humor: Worst Car Of The Millennium ++ Final Results++ -->

To: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Subject: RE: NON-LBC: Humor: Worst Car Of The Millennium ++ Final Results++ --> NOW VEGA
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:08:05 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Bill Miller"

Ok Guys, quit picking on Vega's!!  I've owned three and all have been good
cars...  I've got a '76 Vega GT out in the barn with the '71 spit that I'll
~someday~ restore.  The '76:  No rust (just keep it washed!)  150,000 miles
with no engine problems until I broke a valve (my fault)  Another 100,000
same engine just with a rebuilt top half before I parked it several years
ago.  Never has burned or leaked oil (just keep it changed!)

The other Vega's where worth what I paid for them (<$500.00)  Got several
good years out of the $200 '73 until it broke in half :) :)

Bill
<

If it's a 76 then it at least has the iron sleeved block.  The early ones
had piston holes of aluminium that was treated (some sort of siliconizing
process as I recall) that didn't live up to expectations.

This engine was designed at the same time as the Stag engine.  The upper
management mind set of the time was "shoot the engineer and ship the
product."  Hind sight shows us the wisdom of that philosophy.

Dave Massey
BSEE
57 TR3
71 TR6