re: 73TR6 fitting alloy no. plates

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: 73TR6 fitting alloy no. plates
From: Kevin & Shelley Elliott <Kevin.Elliott@planet-interkom.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:07:57 +0200
Ian

The number plates were fitted by the dealers - chances were they used
the coloured little plastic nuts/bolts that matched the number plates.
The guys who sell you the plates should give you some with the plates,
or you could try Halfords. They seem to be standard - I saw/used exactly
the same things in South Africa while I was there. Anything else,
especially a dark/rusty screw head where it could, say, change the
appearance of the plate is illegal. The bolts mustn't (of course) go
through/obstruct the numbers.

Kevin

lurker & ex TR3A owner

ps to get it really original (showroom condition) you should mount the
plate at a slight angle - about 2-3 edgrees off horizontal ;-)