Re: Anyone replaced a TR6 rear transmission seal lately??

To: Peter Innocenti <pinno@bigfoot.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone replaced a TR6 rear transmission seal lately??
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 19:38:24 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Peter,
You can replace the seal from inside the car by removing the seats,
carpet, tunnel cover etc. and then unbolting the driveshaft flange and
push it as far as it will go rearward. I jacked the transmission as far
up as I could without fouling the bodywork. Use a light coat of black
silicone sealant around the outer part of the seal just prior to
insertion and on the washer to insure a leak proof seal.
Hope this helps,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO