Re: High oil pressure?

To: "INTERNET:Tobermory9@aol.com" <Tobermory9@aol.com>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: High oil pressure?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:22:11 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:Tobermory9@aol.com
> I just had the car out again for about a half-hour at lunchtime and
here's
the latest info - the meter was at 80 psi when at about 2000 rpm and went
about 65 psi at the idle.  The engine did warm up most of the way (temp
gauge
just on the cool side of middle).  I'm planning on keeping my eye on it and

if it persists, then I'll have the pressure relief valve checked to see if
it's sticky.  Keep your eye peeled for a note from me to the list about a
reputable service place near Chicago!
Thanks-
Paula K

<

I wouldn't worry about these kind of readings.  These are the sign of a
healthy motor.  There are guys on this list who would give their eye teeth
for oil pressure like this.  (Not me, though, my oil pressure is plenty
healthy after I replaced all the crank bearings and oil pump afew years
back.)

Dave