Re: CB radio recommendation?

To: pfischer@unicom.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CB radio recommendation?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:18:39 EDT
In a message dated 00-04-05 22:19:40 EDT, pfischer@unicom.net writes:

<< Have any of you had good experience to share from using a CB in your
 Triumph?  I've been meaning to get one to keep contact with other cars
 on long drives, and, since the season is nigh, I'm thinking about that
 again.

 Any models that you all have used that 1) work well and 2) don't damage
 the car? I appreciate any suggestions. >>

Pat,

I keep a pair of Cobra portables handy for the car and other
activities....when used in the car to keep in touch during caravans,
transmission is strong (short distances) but if you're cranking up that Monza
exhaust, you may be hard pressed to carry on much of a conversation - keep
the walkie-talkie close to your ear!

I can't remember the model # - they're at home.  I got them at KMART on sale
last year for less than $80 per pair.

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (ready for summer)