Fan Extension Bolt Removal

Subject: Fan Extension Bolt Removal
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 13:26:12 -0400
I think this was just discussed on the list but I wasn't paying
attention (sorry). I
want to remove the fan extension, etc. from the crankshaft before I lift
the
engine and put it on an engine stand.

I know the bolt can be very stubborn (as was discussed recently), but
how do
you stop the flywheel from spinning when trying to unscrew the bolt? Is
the
bolt a standard thread with a counter clockwise unscrewing motion?

Are there any precautions to be taken before removing the pulley to
assure
proper alignment (so timing can be set) when reassembling?

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6