RE: TR3A parts car FS

To: bethken@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3A parts car FS
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 07:31:52 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
A bit too much of a drive from Ottawa - I have to pass on this one. (gotta
get rid of the last parts car first!).

Last night our club held its monthly meeting. I was talking to a member who
had bought a 1975 TR6 that another club member was selling last fall. This
car had overdrive and a factory hard top in good condition; the body needed
some work but not insurmountable; the frame was solid, with only minor
perforations in non-key areas. The car had not run since 1990 when an
electrical problem (?) took it off the road. The original asking price was
$1,800, and with no takers the last known price (to me) was $1,200. It turns
out this guy bought the car for $500, and will shortly have the bodywork
(floors & sills) done!

Sorry, List - I had to 'share my pain'! (Remember - this is $Cdn too!)

Gotta get me a bigger garage!

Cheers, JD