Spin-on oil filters for GT-6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spin-on oil filters for GT-6
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:49:53 -0500

FWIW:  I just purchased a used oil cooler kit for a GT-6 (courtesy of Joe
Curry).  This is a Flowtec unit and not the MOCAL unit as described in the prior
e-mail below.  THe system had a Bosch P/N 72129  filter on it.   This cross
references to:
Purolator L10101  (was PER 101)
AC        PF952
Motorcraft     FL-313
Wix       51335
Fram      PH3512

I purchased the Purolator version.  THe dimensions of the filter can are 2.5 in.
length from sealing ring to end of can, 3.63 in. OD and a 2.63 in. nominal seal
diameter.  The filter box also states:  replaces Renault  7700-542-086.  I have
yet to install the unit but it looks to be a bit too tight to have the filter
positioned vertically under the filter adapter and clear the frame.

I have yet to try to cross-reference to any of the filters listed below in the
prior e-mail.

However, that filter is too long to use on my Vitesse and GT6's whereon the
chassis/frame rails are in the way.

We therefore have to use a shorter oil filter cannister...it is about the
same length as the one found on the Spitfire, (which I think has a
different/smaller fitting).

Alternative part numbers for the Short Oil Filter Cannister for the MOCAL
6-cylinder kit include:

Unipart GFE173
Halfords HOF200
Champion C104
Crosland 529
Motaquip VFL123

I appreciate that you won't be able to get some of those in the USA, but a
good motor factors should be able to cross-reference for you, and possibly
give you a list of equivalent numbers in your market.

(The Crosland Oil Filter Cross-reference book held by motor factors is
particularly good)

There is also a VERY short filter which will fit, I think it is the Crosland
659,
(the number was in gold paint on the dark blue filter, and rubbed off)
which I was told is proper to the Renault Fuego.

Best of Luck.

L?on F Guyot