Re: Auto trailer

To: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: Auto trailer
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:09:54 -0700
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Michael,
I have a single axle tilt bed trailer that was home built in 1959.  It
has hauled LBCs for its entire life without incident, including my Spit
and My son's Mk3 for trips totaling over 8000 miles.  THe only problem I
ever had is a blowout on one wheel which was a distraction rather than a
problem.

The single axle makes the trailer so light that brakes are completely
unnecessary.  The thing is hardly noticeable behind the Blazer I used to
pull it with and the S10 pickup I currently use.

Leveling the load is a matter if adjusting where you stop the car.  If
it has too much tongue weight, move it back a bit until you achieve the
correct amount.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--