Seat belts

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat belts
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:22:39 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
>If my memory serves me right, only the "front" seat passengers are required
>by law to wear seat belts, never remember anything about back seat
>passengers being required to wear them, this does not apply to child safety
>seats, remember the year of cars we are talking about. In the U.S. seat
>belts did not become mandatory in new cars until July 1964.   "FT"

And not grandfathered, at least here in NJ.  I pursued this with the NJ
State Trooper's Special Safety Task Force.  Seat belts are not required for
anyone in my 1960 TR3A in any seat, adults, kids, whatever.  Yes, we have
four seat belts in the car, but we didn't have to, not even for my two very
young kids.  That's pretty scary!

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando