TR6 Side Window Seal HELP

To: BennettDat@aol.com, TR Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Side Window Seal HELP
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 12:48:36 -0400
Bob,

These babies can be a real B%T&H!

What I did was to manufacture a tool using a piece of strap steel,
available from the hardware store.  My piece is about 1" wide and is
about 1/8" thick.  I cut a 12" length of the strap and made 2 bends
using my vice and a BFH.  The tool has an approximate 1/2" lip to a 90
degree bend and another 90 degree bend about 6 inches away from the
lip.  What you want is a shown.

__________

|__

If you've installed the outside clips already, then just work the lip
down between the glass and the outside door edge, placing it below the
clip.  Then pulling up on the tool with one hand, push down on the seal
with the fingers of your other hand.

If you've not installed the clips yet, it works just dandy to pull them
up.  However, doing this with the glass installed is a real chore.  The
reassembly proceedure should be:  clips, glass and finally the seals.

Hope this helps,

Gary
'75 TR6 Undergoing Remanufacture
And Almost Finished!!