Re: How to remove front apron ?

To: randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: How to remove front apron ?
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:20:35 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/26/99 8:47:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
randallyoung@earthlink.net writes:

<< Listerati :

 Anyone know of a good tool (preferably power) to turn the 1/4-28 bolts that
 run from inside the front fenders into the front apron on a TR3A ?  It's
 been awhile, but as I recall, there is too little room for even a 1/4"
 ratchet ... and using a box end 1/4 turn at a time gets SO tedious.

 All suggestions appreciated.

 TIA
 Randall
 59 TR3A >>

I use a 1/4" ratchet on these bolts whenever I have to remove the front
apron. Craftsman, no plug intended. Don't know of any power tool that would
work here.

In fact I was planning on pulling the one on the TR3B to install an electric
fan this W/E. Hopefully a one day adventure. I always lube these well before
I put them back so it will be easy to get 'em out next time. Once loose I can
usually turn them by hand.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B