vernier equals degrees

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: vernier equals degrees
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:41:35 EDT
<<Question #2 - How many degrees does each click of the distributor vernier
yield?  Neither the Haynes nor the Owners Manual give me this info.  I'm
guessing that each click may be a fraction of a degree....I always found this
adjustor to be a great tool to fine tune timing....
Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spitfire Mk3  FDU78512L  (Fun Driver!)>>

Chip
my TR4 manual says regarding the Lucas25D4 distributor that each 'division on
the vernier scale' represents 4 degrees of crankshaft angle- but you'll have
to 'do the math' on how many clicks that works out to be per division!
hope this helps,
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74