TR 4A Idles TOO FAST

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 4A Idles TOO FAST
From: Alvamike@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:52:39 EDT
My TR4A idles too fast.  The car runs fine and the timing is correct  but
will not idle below 2000.  I have checked the SU's  for leaks around the
shafts and there is none.  The carb bowls both have fuel in them and the PVC
valve is not leaking as when I pinch it off the idle changes only about 100
RPM lower.  The only thing I have not checked is the seating of the
butterflies in the carbs.  Is there anyother suggestions as to things I
should check before I pull the carbs back off.   The car, engine, and carbs
were just all rebuilt.

Any suggestions?

Mike in Morgantown, PA