gasket sealer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: gasket sealer
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:30:42 EDT
<<I had no leaks on my old engine without any gasket sealer.  I used Ultra
Blue on the new engine gaskets just to make sure I'd have no leaks in the
foreseeable future either.
Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando
Hillsdale, NJ>>
FWIW...just a comment I recieved from an experienced engine rebuilder the
other day...'don't use 'silicone' gasket sealer on engines as it can ooze out
on the inside and make rubber band like little strips that don't
dissintegrate in the oil but lodge in oil passages instead - permatex type
gasket sealer on the other hand melts down in the oil..."
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74