Re: On-Line "Paint Chips"?

To: RANDALL ADAMS <radams@ArkansasUSA.com>
Subject: Re: On-Line "Paint Chips"?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:09:44 -0400 ()
Cc: Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Chip19474@aol.com had asked:

> > Is there a site I can visit which will display clear images of the various
> > exterior paint colors used on TR3's, 4's and 6's (all years)....

RANDALL ADAMS replied:

> ...being in the printing business, i know you can't rely on the computer
> monitor for an acurate color...your best bet is to have a paint dealer
> for classic cars mail you some samples....

Another option is to visit the longest-established autobody supply shop
you can find near you. There's a decent chance they'll have the old color
chip books going back to the 1950s or 1960s.

There are some color charts reproduced on the VTR site. With all due
respect :-) they are, at best, only somewhat representative of the actual
colors. (They've always looked dark to me on my computer.) Nice for quick
reference, but they're no substitute for good color charts, followed by
your reaction to the actual mixed color.

--Andy