Re: VTR Last Update

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: VTR Last Update
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:07:51 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: rdaniels@snet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Robert M. Lang wrote:

> At any rate, I wanted to offer this factoid, mostly because I'm pretty
> proud of the accomplishment... from the database of the VTR autocross, the
> fastest times sorted by time. As you may notice, I actually was third
> fastest overall.

Congratulations!

> I'm kind of embarassed at how things turned out - I really
> wanted Andy Mace to do a bit better than I.

Well, so did I, but then I really only had two runs to "learn" the course
AND the car I hadn't autocrossed in three years, and I'd not changed the
points since 1991, and also (excessive, outlandish list of excuses deleted
here for brevity).... :-)

> So without further adieu - the top 5 VTR autoX'rs:
>
> Mark Bradakis    47.920  Prepared TR4
> John Lye         48.493  Prepared TR4
> Robert Lang      49.115  Modified TR6
> Andy Mace        49.951  Prepared Spitfire
> Chris Kantarjiev 50.527  Prepared TR4

Pretty scary bunch of folks if you ask me!

--Andy

*   4th fastest autocrosser in Portland ME  *