Ok, I'm open to suggestions ...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ok, I'm open to suggestions ...
From: iron_horse819@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 07:54:30 -0700 (PDT)
I'll admit I didn't expect much from the motor of my TR4-A (parked 19 years)
when I bought the car, but I was hoping it would be rebuildable.  This week I
tried to turn the engine by the big (13/16") bolt on the front of the crank ...
nothing, it doesn't budge.  I then climb underneath and drop the pan ... found
out that 20 year old oil turns to jelly ... the underside of the engine is very
oily(comforting), no signs of rust or water in the bottom.  Removed the nuts to
the oil pump so I can take it out to get to the crank and rods .... all removed
but the pump will only drop a fraction of an inch.  Now what do I do?  I need
to know if I should go hunting for a new engine if this is a basket case(which
would be a shame, since it was a Stage 2/3 engine from SAH).

anyone got an idea/suggestion?  I'm going back in this weekend ...

Raymond Lucas Hatfield
65 TR4-A IRS