RE: TR3 sump pan bolts & washers - Clarification!

To: "TR-Graham, Angelo" <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: RE: TR3 sump pan bolts & washers - Clarification!
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:04:16 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Angelo and list,

>>As well, I have always used Permatex aviation grade gasket sealer for
>>such applications.  Would you coat both sides of the sump pan gasket
>>in this application?

>I used Permatex Ultra Blue Gasket sealer.  Either would work fine
> and YES coat both sides.

I need to clarify my response, since Ultra Blue probably doesn't stick like
the Permatex aviation grade gasket sealer.  Ultra Blue is peelable, or
easily scraped.   I really don't know how difficult it is to remove the
Permatex aviation grade gasket sealer.  If this stuff is pretty tenacious,
coating only the pan side would be a lot smarter, if you need to remove it
later.  The bottom of the block should, hopefully, be pretty flat and
smooth, sealing well.

Later,

Jack