Re: TR4 engine rebuild

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 engine rebuild
From: David Whitelaw <slasher_dw@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:39:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Johntr6@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
I don't know if this will help or not, but I rebuilt my TR4A's engine
to factory spec and impilimented the competion manual's suggestions for
the "D" Rally cam. I also ported and milled the head (to achieve 10:1
compression - don't know if your TR4's has that much metal, 0.25",
milled the fly wheel and balanced the engine.  I experienced a rocket
compared with what I had and only gave up 4 MPG.

David G. Whitelaw
66 TR4A (being restored)
78 Spitfire (RIP - parts car for sale)