Re: Thief prevention via a fuel pump switch

To: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Thief prevention via a fuel pump switch
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:52:21 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Janssen, Lee K wrote:

> john_mcmaster wrote:
>
> >   I've installed a fuel
> >     pump isolation switch in the boot (trunk) and then I LOCK the boot.
> >     The car will not start without the pumps running - spins over but no
> >     fuel - no getaway!
>
> For those interested in this solution please note that john has a TR6 PI.
> The carburated version of the TR6, equipped with a non functioning electric
> fuel pump, will go approximately 1 to 2 miles before the fuel bowls run
> completely dry.  Needless to say I've prevented myself from stealing my own
> car on numerous occasions.
>
> Lee Janssen
> Sunny Denver CO

Once I had a later TR-6 in that wouldn't start despite the confirmation of fuel
flow
and spark - DPO had hooked up vacuum line to brake booster with a T fitting and
then
into the charcoal evaporative line for the float bowls found on the later Zenith
carbs.  When cranked, the float bowls would see the same vacuum as the venturis
and no
fuel was drawn up into the engine.

Not exactly the easiest theft system to use as you'd have to swap a couple
hoses under
the hood, but boy was it tricky to figure out...

P.S.  My bio on the way soon!

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars