RE: TR2-3 Register (Kind of long)

To: "'Dorothea J. Ochs'" <dochs@greenapple.com>
Subject: RE: TR2-3 Register (Kind of long)
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:50:40 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dorothea - I fully support the philosophy of the Triumph Register of America
and have been a member since before I purchased my current driver four years
ago.   (in fact - I guess it is time for renewal)  I found the newsletter to
be informative and at times extremely helpful in my ongoing "love affair"
with my '3s.

I am not sure if George belongs to TRA, but I do think his question was
whether or not there was a TR3 database available online.  Also, I don't
think that as you put it "the obsessive number collector who writes dowm
[sic] every thing he's read or written and wants to call it a database" is
the intention of anyone that is maintaining a list such as George referred
to.

One of the advantages of knowing who else has, wishes to have, or had a '3
(or 2) is the fountain of knowledge that is available from that collective
body.  This is one reason that the "TR-list" has remained so popular and
active.   To expand that base of knowledge to non-members (of this list or
of TRA) would be a plus.  To make that information available in a readily
accessible format to others who have or feel that they may have a need for
it can only benefit the future of the sidescreen TR.

You say that "collaboration over the years has produced what I feel is the
most comprehensive list of surviving TR2 thru 3b".  In what format is that
list and is it available to TRA members or to any one else?  Has there been
an attempt of finding out if  TRA members are willing to be available for
assistance, consultation, or even just there for moral support.   You also
say that the Internet is one more source of information.   You seem to
ignore its ability to make that information available to a wide variety of
people.   It is true that any type of database or list is only as current as
it was just a minute ago and can never be complete.  However, those lists
can provide, if nothing else, a starting point for obtaining the information
or camaraderie that is being sought.

actively undertaking and making available that information, I will continue
to compile information for an on-line database.   If TRA, VTR (or both)
would like for me to do it under their auspices, that is ok by me.  Sometime
during the next couple weeks I will be sending an email to anyone I
currently have in my database to fill in missing data.

If you own a TR2-3 and have not heard from me by September 1, send me an
email to: (musson@arts.usf.edu) <mailto:musson@arts.usf.edu)>  including:
Year, Commission, Body Tag, and Engine Numbers, [Current] Color Scheme, and
options or modifications as well as City and State.  If you have a website,
please include the URL.

If you have gotten this far - thanks for your time and see you on the
highway.

Carl