the progress so far........

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: the progress so far........
From: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 12:58:32 -0400
Well, we're deep in the throes of body removal on the MkII.

A rather disturbing find was the damage just aft of the right front
suspension.
The frame is severely damaged there,  has a plate bolted to it to hold
the right frame wing in place.  Not even CLOSE folks.

Now I find,  from moving the windscreen frame whilst attempting to
remove same, that the frame wing is held in place, also, by body
filler.  This looks fairly recent.
I'm wondering just where that came from.

Moral:  Look closely at things that seem incorrect.  They just might be.

Good thing that Albany Andy has a frame for me.  Whew.

Jim